Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I thought I could cook

I am 53 years old. I thought I could cook. I even thought I was quite a good cook. Creative. Knowledgeable. Good technique. Well I saw something last week that totally made me change my mind. I am totally addicted to watching food programs on TV. Which totally tries the patience of my husband. Public TV has been showing some old shows of Julia Child whom I adore. My sister and I used to watch them when we were kids, not that we were that interested in cooking as kids, but we just loved watching Julia. And through the years I thought I had seen all of her series shows. Nope.

Last week our local public station aired several of her old shows on Saturday afternoon. One of them was the Omelet Show which I had never seen. It was an epiphany. I don't think I know anyone who knows the correct way to make an omelet! And they are delicious. I was a bit dubious as I do not like undercooked eggs and she says it takes only 30 seconds to make an omelet, but nope, perfect every time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmvfUKwBrg

So check it out. You will never make an omelet incorrectly again.

No comments: